December 11, 2023
Engage! Cleveland’s 6th Annual Professional Development Conference concludes on a triumphant note.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Cleveland, Ohio —December 11, 2023 – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE — Engage! Cleveland hosted its 6th Annual Lead CLE: Professional Development Conference on November 30 and December, 1 2023 at the Cleveland Public Library. This two-day conference included presentations to help elevate the careers of Cleveland’s young professionals by bringing in some of the region’s top experts to share their insights.
This annual conference aims to provide a roadmap for young to mid-career professionals to gain confidence and elevate their proficiencies to supervisory and managerial levels. This year’s conference included 8 dynamic sessions over two days with the goal that attendees would leave equipped to further advance their professional journeys in Cleveland. Conference Topics Included:
- Healthy Work Habits presented by Amy B. Shannon, President, Pinnacle Leadership Solutions LLC
- Building Intentional Relationships presented by Kevin Smith, Associate Dean of External Relations, Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University
- Cultivating Emotional Awareness presented by Marcy Shankman, Chief Organizational Learning Officer, Cleveland Municipal School District
- Becoming a Powerful Communicator presented by Melanie Myers, Organization Development Specialist, Oswald Companies
- Mastering the Craft of Selling, presented by Diane Helbig, Chief Improvement Catalyzer, Helbig Enterprises
- Work Culture and Organization, presented by George Sample, Principal Consultant, Blue Streak Consultants
- Effective Collaboration, presented by Mark Hamilton, President, Versa Culture, LLC
- Bridging Generational Divides Panel
Panelists included: Ira Kaplan, Executive Chairman, Benesch Law, Laura DeMarco, Senior Director of Content and Corporate Communications, Greater Cleveland Partnership, Chrishawna Cunningham, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, Union Home Mortgage, and Dominique Burney, MBA Student, John Carroll University. The Panel was moderated by David Toth, Chief Growth Officer, Winding River Consulting.
“For my first professional seminar, I was thrilled this was the one! The speakers were well selected, they utilized the time shared wisely, each topic flowed well into the next, and Engage!’s communication throughout was top notch. I would highly recommend attending their well crafted events!” -Lead CLE Attendee
Attendees were abuzz with energy leaving the conference each day. Engage! Cleveland looks forward to hosting their 7th Annual Lead CLE Conference on November 7-8, 2024 once again at the Cleveland Public Library.
To learn more about Engage! Cleveland or new programs, jobs, and civic opportunities for young professionals in Cleveland, please visit engagecleveland.org and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Threads and X (formally Twitter).
The 6th Annual Lead CLE: Professional Development Conference is presented by Case Western Reserve University Weatherhead School of Management.
www.engagecleveland.org | 2020 Center Street | Cleveland, OH 44113
About Engage! Cleveland
Engage! Cleveland is a community engagement organization for young professionals and business/community leaders who are passionate about making Cleveland a lasting home for the next generation. Our goal is to attract, engage and retain young, diverse talent to Greater Cleveland by connecting young professionals to people, jobs, organizations, and events. You can learn more at www.engagecleveland.org.
Employer Member Spotlight: Jewish Federation of Cleveland Engage! Cleveland is proud to have over...
Employer Member Spotlight: SwagelokEngage! Cleveland is proud to have over 130 employer members...
Get to know our newest employer members: Fairfax Renaissance Development Corporation