Lincoln Electric is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of the highest quality arc welding products, automated joining assembly and cutting systems, and has a global leading position in brazing and soldering alloys. With over 125 years of innovation and service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation, drive growth and provide a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric: we operate to a higher standard to build a better world
Lincoln Electric is seeking an Applications Technologist who will support our automation proposals and execution team. Based in Cleveland, Ohio headquarters, the Applications Technologist will play a key role in supporting field sales and customers directly to provide pre-sale application vetting, robotic proposal development, and post-sale support. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a global leader in its industry. In addition to career growth potential, Lincoln Electric offers competitive pay with a lucrative annual profit sharing incentive, student loan repayment, tuition reimbursement, paid time off/paid holidays, retirement, medical/dental/vision and much more!
The Applications Technologist will develop, design and quote robotic welding solutions as an in-house automation expert. Responsibilities include:
- Develop proposals for standardized robotic system solutions that solve real customer welding needs (lack of quality, production, personnel, etc.).
- Create strong relationships with both internal and external customers to drive territory sales goals.
- Create project budgets which drive the profitability of the division and company.
- Assist with project justification using simulation software, cycle time analysis and ROI calculations.
- Travel to customer locations to interact with project teams and business owners (10-20% Typical).
- Follow-up with quote/order design input: assisting Project Engineer with equipment/system design as needed for orders and assisting Design Engineering group with new system /equipment concepts.
- Provides in-house demonstrations and tours as necessary.
Experience & Education Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Technology, or equivalent, Bachelors of Science in Engineering preferred.
- 3+ years of experience.
- Minimum 1-5 years in customer facing role (Technical Sales experience preferred).
- Understanding of project margins, costing and how they affect the business.
- Excellent phone and interpersonal skills with internal and external customers, ability to interface with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Must have a basic understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to solve complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions.
- May lead steps within a broader project or have accountability for ongoing activities or objectives.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience while supporting other parts of the business as needed.
- CAD or simulation experience preferred.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $3.2B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 11,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 56 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)
EOE, including disability/veterans
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Welding, Developer, Manufacturing, Technology