The Assistant General Manager – Restaurants oversees and manages the daily operational functions and staff of Merwin’s Wharf and assists the General Manager of Restaurants with operations and events at other locations.
1. Effectively supervises assigned employees, including the following:
a. Interviews, selects and trains employees;
b. Coaches employees in proper job performance techniques and procedures;
c. Directs work of employees and sets/adjusts hours of work;
d. Maintains records on employee productivity and appraises employees’ productivity and efficiency to recommend promotions or other changes in status;
e. Handles employee complaints and disciplines employees when necessary;
f. Apportions work among different employees;
g. Monitors or implements legal compliance measures;
h. Determines the type of materials, supplies, or tools to be used by employees and controls the flow and distribution of materials and supplies; and
i. Provides for the safety of employees and the property of Cleveland Metroparks.
2. Regular and predictable attendance is expected and required. All Cleveland Metroparks employees must be prepared to work flexible schedules, including evenings, weekends, and/or holidays as required.
3. Trains restaurant staff: Trains new staff members; works with staff daily on specials; assures staff stays on top of cleaning and other maintenance tasks; ensures staff gives proper appearance to guests.
4. Provides excellent customer service: Ensures tables are happy; works to resolve guest complaints; assures staff is working well; assures food looks presentable when going to tables; helps in choosing new menu items; checks quality of specials for the day.
5. Coordinates parties and special events: Creates contracts for special events; sells food and beverage packages; sets up venue for event date; ensures everything is staffed and ready for party; follows up for payment on event date.
6. Creates schedule for staff: Schedules staff on a weekly basis, plots sections for servers; cuts and controls labor costs.
7. Oversees financial aspects of restaurant: Does daily deposits; maintains safe balances; manages petty cash; handles pro-card receipts and statements; handles invoices; manages relationships with vendors.
8. Assists General Manager: Creates revenue reports, helps General Manager with any other tasks as needed.
9. Places orders of consumables for restaurant: Places orders of food, linen, and beverages as needed; runs inventories and checks for pars on items related to front of house.
10. Performs related duties as assigned or apparent.
• Bachelor’s Degree in culinary arts, hospitality management, or related field required; supplemented by two years of experience in restaurant management; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license under the laws of the State of Ohio.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders, including employees and the general public.
• Ability to speak and write clearly, concisely and persuasively using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation with ability to communicate one-on-one or in group settings.
• Ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy and organization.
• Management skills and strong business acumen, including problem solving, vision, ability to manage multiple programs and meet deadlines, collaboration, leadership, decision making and ability to analyze diverse facts and develop clear and concise reports and recommendations.
• Ability to work cooperatively with others.
• Proficiency in software programs including all Microsoft Office programs.
• Mature professional attitude and considerable discretion, including ability to manage confidential information.
• Ability to perform with considerable independence and initiative.
Salary: $49,219 – $61,524 annually (Internal equity considerations and the average salary of the peer range will be reviewed/considered before making a final offer)
Work Schedule: Must be available to work a flexible schedule to include days, evenings, weekends and holidays
Filing Deadline: Open until filled
To Apply: Please visit our website at www.clevelandmetroparks.com or copy and paste the following link into your web browser: