Headquartered in Richfield, Ohio, Vanliner Insurance Company is a member of Great American Insurance Group. For over 30 years, Vanliner has grown to become the country’s top insurance provider for the moving and storage, parcel and home delivery industries. Our mission since day one, has been to provide first-class insurance products and unparalleled customer service to all of our customers. Our success is driven by the expertise, innovation and commitment to customer service that our employees provide. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Investigates and maintains claims:
- Reviews and evaluates coverage and/or liability.
- Assigns cases to outside counsel and evaluates their performance.
- Develops, prepares, and implements Claims Litigation strategy, including affecting settlements/reserves within prescribed limits.
- Works toward the resolution of claims files and attends arbitrations, mediations or trials as necessary, but is not attorney of record.
- Provides legal advice and counsel to Claims personnel.
- Ensures compliance of claims handling pursuant to all state, legal, statutory, and regulatory bodies.
- May provide oversight and supervision to outside counsel on claims-related litigation.
- May prepare for and attend trials as legal representation for insureds and/or the company.
- May have responsibility for performance and coaching of staff and may have a participatory role in decisions regarding talent selection, development, and performance management for direct reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: LLM (Master of Law) or JD (Juris Doctorate) and current attorney license required.
Field of Study: Law
Experience: Generally, 0 to 3 years of related experience. No trial experience necessary. Litigation or coverage experience preferred.
VNLR Vanliner Insurance Company
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement, and paid time off benefits for full-time and part-time benefit eligible employees.