The Associate of Partnerships & Engagement, under the direction of the Senior Director of Partnerships & Engagement, develops, executes, and evaluates JobsOhio and Team NEO’s engagement strategy for Greater Cleveland and throughout Northeast Ohio with both elected and non-elected officials, associations, trade groups, and economic development partners. This person represents both organization’s interests to achieve favorable strategic outcomes and mitigate risks; proposes continuous improvement process; builds and maintains exceptional external and internal relationships; This role will also place emphasis on working in rural Northeast Ohio communities to assist with goal setting, planning, and securing resources so that rural communities can build a base from which to have greater competitiveness and economic development successes.
• Lead and execute the engagement strategy within the rural communities while focusing on the local level with both elected and non-elected officials, associations, trade groups, and economic development partners to increase awareness of JobsOhio and Team NEO’s impact and success throughout Ohio.
• Identify, develop and maintain positive relationships with local, regional and state level economic development practitioners, company governmental affairs executives, and influential associations and trade groups.
• Identify the economic and community development priorities and needs of assigned communities, organizations and key contacts and help them address challenges to achieve improved competitiveness and preparedness.
• Provide those Northeast Ohio rural communities requiring the most assistance with continuous, in-depth coaching to develop goals, strategies, and plans of action for economic development and whenever possible assist communities in accessing JobsOhio Priority Investment Area.
• With sensitivity, will raise awareness of diversity and inclusion initiatives as economic development imperatives related to regional competitive, growth and opportunity.
• Become well-versed in other state, federal and non-profit community and economic development resources in order to make referrals and help communities structure projects.
• Implement and deploy effective calls to action when necessary to engage stakeholders on behalf of Team NEO and JobsOhio, advising JobsOhio and Team NEO leaders on continuous improvement opportunities based on stakeholder feedback and insights on the ecosystem and levels of investment.
• Reinforce the State-Region-Local delivery model via the partnerships to ensure accomplishments and performance results are shared with stakeholders.
• Identify and deploy appropriate economic development coaching strategies to communities and stakeholders to advance the region and state.
• Promote JobsOhio and Team NEO’s reputation and opportunities for positive exposure by including and collaborating internally with Communications, Marketing, and other teams to capture and share opportunities that improve branding.
• Be knowledgeable about and actively involved in public policy issues affecting the Northeast Ohio region and economic development in the region and state, such as broadband availability, transportation access, site development, and workforce preparedness.
• Demonstrate exceptional administration skills by capturing engagements and reporting via weekly, biweekly, and monthly reporting mechanisms.
• With the Senior Director of Partnerships & Engagement to drive the Weekly LEDO Roundups and the Northeast Ohio Development Exchange (NODE) with insights and strategic discussions in a collaborative, interactive environment to create strategic alignment with the economic development network.
• Coordinate engagement events within the Team NEO region to strengthen alignment and connectivity with Team NEO leaders, colleagues, and the economic development ecosystem.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Generally, no responsibility for direct reports
• Strong group and individual presentation and communications skills, both written, verbal and nonverbal
• Comfortable with technology, including Office365 and Salesforce
• Demonstrates significant tact, empathy, objectivity and emotional intelligence in addressing complicated discussions or conflict resolution
• Considers implications, ties activities to metrics and impact – not just task oriented
Coordinate public sector relationships
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Travel is primarily in-region and to Columbus during the business day, although some early morning and after-hours travel may be expected. Expect minimal overnight travel primarily to Columbus. Having access to a vehicle is required.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree minimum
• 3-years of business or related experience (Advanced degree may substitute for oneyear of professional experience)
• Ability to multi-task
• Client service focused
• Comfortable making presentations to small or large audiences
• High familiarity with Salesforce
• High comfort level with networking in peer groups
• Team oriented
• Functions well in a continually evolving environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highly developed computer skills in Microsoft Office, other personal computing tools
• Presentation Skills
• Emotional Intelligence
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Organizational Agility
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Team NEO is firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or genetic information throughout the employment process, from selection through termination. Team NEO expects all employees, vendors, and associates to support the nondiscriminatory policies of Team NEO.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested candidates should send an electronic expression of interest and a resume to:
VP of Finance and Administration