National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
The Business Analyst acts as a liaison for the Finance team to work with the Information Technology team and other internal and external business partners. The position will work within the business to define business requirements, facilitate discussion and agreement on process design amongst stakeholders, develop business processes, validate business processes against the system(s) and conduct feasibility assessments of process and technologies within the Billing & Collections applications.
The Business Analyst will be the “subject matter expert” both from a business perspective and a system/process functionality perspective.
- Formulate and define systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business solutions and business requirements:
- Analyze, identify, and write detailed description of user requirements, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify applications or components.
- Make recommendations for business process improvements with an understanding of technical problems and solutions as they relate to the technology needs.
- Prepare analysis for production support of applications and associated documentation.
- Act as a liaison between business and IT. Develop and maintain knowledge of customer’s business.
- Create ad hoc reports.
- Formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies.
- Assist with the design and implementation of operational and system enhancements to ensure production capabilities are both effective and efficient: Develop test plans and may execute tests.
- Maintain and develop business knowledge and customer relationships.
- Interview end users to determine requirements for data, reports and analyses, training, data quality and performance. Has mastered use of standard reporting tools and databases.
- Good knowledge of business information data sources and business data rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent experience of four years in finance, accounting, billing & collections, computer science or a related field
- Understands basic accounting, accounts receivable, remittance and billing processes, as well as enabling software
- Familiar with principles of application programming, database, and system design
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to coordinate and work effectively with business stakeholders and other specialists
- Strong organizational skills, written and verbal skills, ability to understand and explain issues to colleagues and users from both a technical and a business functional point of view
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and be capable of breaking down complex problems to identify and resolve root causes; this applies to both technical issues and process issues
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SQL and/or Visio
This job is non-exempt in California and Washington
NIC National Interstate Corporation
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement and paid time off benefits.
⟵ Back to Job Board