About MidTown. MidTown Cleveland, Inc. is a dynamic and high performing 501(c)(3) economic and community development corporation whose mission is to leverage the diverse assets in the area to advance a vibrant neighborhood. MidTown Cleveland envisions a place for connection, belonging, and the joyful celebration of culture, where stakeholders reinvest prosperity in the community, equity and inclusion are fundamental expectations, and innovation helps families realize long-promised dreams. More information on MidTown Cleveland is available at www.midtowncleveland.org.
Position Overview: MidTown Cleveland, Inc. is seeking a passionate and dedicated individual to join our team as a Community Outreach and Marketing (COM) Manager. The COM Manager will manage MidTown’s marketing and communications strategy, supporting the organization’s efforts towards fostering a consistent, compelling, and culturally competent neighborhood voice. In addition, the COM Manager will work collaboratively with the AsiaTown team to implement marketing plans promoting local businesses, diverse culture, and neighborhood resources in a way that both honors neighbors and attracts visitors.
The COM Manager will work strategically to support the community engagement team through launching and managing digital engagement tools, coordinating community events and campaigns, and supporting key administrative aspects of the community engagement team. The COM Manager will play an integral part of the engagement team as it seeks to empower residents, engage stakeholders and deepen partnerships that advance MidTown.
Vision for Ideal Candidate: Our ideal candidate is a passionate team player who thrives in an environment where both resourceful creativity and proficient project management skills are essential. We seek a candidate who is self-starting, eager to learn, and values the important connection between community engagement and marketing. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a deep commitment to Cleveland neighborhoods and a passion for crafting stories that elevate, celebrate, and connect people and places within the community.
- Manage and create content/campaigns for MidTown’s social channels including Instagram, X, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Work collaboratively with our AsiaTown team to create content for social channels including Instagram, X, and Facebook
- Develop and implement a consistent organizational and culturally appropriate voice across platforms
- Update and create content for web and event promotion in partnership with MidTown’s design consultants
- Continue to advance MidTown brand and create seamless processes for staff to utilize this brand in consistent ways across the organization (flyers, socials, event materials etc…)
- Oversee all organizational communications through MailChimp and create new pathways to reach and invite residents + stakeholders into our work
- Assist in the formation and development of a volunteer program
- Support the rollout and management of community engagement tools including Text SMS and a web engagement platform for prospective development activities in the neighborhood
- Manage and organize all organizational assets including photos, event designs, and social media content
- Oversee, add content, and encourage the use of our community dashboard and jobs board among partners
- Support annual meeting, membership campaign and organizational-wide events with marketing and communications collateral
- Attend events and visit local businesses, residents and institutions in the neighborhood to capture stories and/or photos as needed
- Other duties as assigned
PRIMARILY INTERFACES WITH: MidTown Cleveland, Inc. staff, design consultants, marketing intern, business owners, stakeholders and residents. The COM Manager will report to the Director of Community Engagement.
Education and Experience
- 1-2 years professional working experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or the social sciences preferred, not required
- Experience and comfort working with and relating to diverse populations
- Experience with development and execution of marketing strategy
- Fluency in social media and paid social media
- Knowledge of MS Office, Mailchimp, Airtable, CRM software, project management tools, Canva, and Adobe suite preferred
- Basic graphic design experience and an eye for up-to-date design standards
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Comfortable working independently and collaboratively
- High emotional intelligence and strong listening skills
- Excellent time management, organization, and ability to execute project from start to finish
- Creative approaches toward problem solving, outreach, and communications
- Understands the connection between marketing and community engagement with an equity lens
- Availability and willingness to work flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: MidTown Cleveland offers competitive compensation and benefits. The annual salary for this position starts at $50,000. Professional development opportunities and remote work are also available to employees. MidTown is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements with the candidate’s last name and the job title in the subject line to email@example.com. Interviews will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.