Lake Erie College, a small, co-educational, four-year, independent liberal arts college located in Painesville, OH, 30 miles east of Cleveland, invites applications for the full-time position of The Controller. This position is responsible for managing the business and accounting services of the College, assuring that financial and operating reports are prepared and that they accurately reflect the condition of the College. They are also responsible for oversight of the campus budget within the authority delegated by the Chief Financial Officer. The Controller assists in carrying out the mission of Lake Erie College as established by the President and Board of Directors.
- Manages general accounting functions and the preparation of reports and statistics reflecting the financial status of the College.
- Supervises AR, AP, payroll, general ledger functions, mailroom services and the bookstore.
- Prepares journal entries and maintains various reconciliations and schedules.
- Assists with cash management.
- Oversees financial month-end and quarterly closing processes.
- Coordinates annual financial audit through preparation of financial statements, footnotes, and audit work papers.
- Responsible for fulfilling various reporting requirements such as Form 990, Fiscal Operations Report and Application to Participate (FISAP), Equity in Athletics (EADA), NCAA Membership Financial Reporting, and generating Forms 1099 and 1098T.
- Provides support to all units within the College with respect to budget preparation and oversight.
- Works in collaboration with the Financial Aid Office to ensure that the College is always in compliance with various regulations.
- Ensures compliance with college policies and procedures, county, state and federal regulations and accreditation requirements, as applicable.
- Provides direction and leadership for campus financial functions.
- Serves as a member of various College committees, as well as an institutional representative to professional organizations such as CACUBO and NACUBO.
- Travels, as required, to undertake the business of the College.
- Performs other related duties as required or deemed appropriate by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited institution.
- Six or more years of professional accounting experience.
Page Two – Controller
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, detail-oriented, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team, as well as across academic and administrative departments.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality and professional conduct.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and excellent skill with Microsoft Excel.
- Growth and “doer” mindset and institutional teamwork ethic.
- Creative, strategic, thoughtful, and has a sense of humor.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references either (1) online at www.lec.edu/employment-at-lec/ or (2) to https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=85506&clientkey=74E03CF8736A837878EE360903D909BA Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment. EOE