Engage! Cleveland is a community engagement organization for young professionals, emerging leaders, and business/community leaders who are passionate about making Cleveland a lasting home for the next generation.
Our mission is to attract, engage, and retain emerging, diverse talent in Greater Cleveland
Our vision is to enhance the vitality of Cleveland and surrounding communities by creating a strong community of young professionals and emerging leaders.
Engage! Cleveland is seeking to add a few dedicated people to our Board of Directors who have a passion for nonprofit management and board service to begin working with us in July 2023. We are looking for inspired individuals who can offer guidance, oversight, and vision in the areas of development, finance, human resources, event planning, and marketing.
- Commit to the mission and goals of Engage! Cleveland and be an ambassador for Engage! Cleveland.
- Attend and prepare for meetings of the Board of Directors. There are 4 meetings per year and the minimum expected attendance is 75%.
- Attend and prepare for meetings of at least one Committee. There are 4 meetings per year and the minimum expected attendance is 75%.
- Contribute expertise and participate in the strategic development of the board and organization.
- Make a personal contribution to Engage Cleveland: Every member of the Board of Directors is expected to make a personally significant financial contribution of $1,000 or more on an annual basis, in addition to in-kind contributions of time and resources.
- Develop funding support: Each member of the Board is expected to have their business become an employer member and sponsor a minimum of one event. Each board member who represents a business is asked to seek organizational support at the highest level appropriate. Additionally, assist Engage! Cleveland board and staff in its development and fundraising efforts by arranging introductions, signing letters to friends and associates, and otherwise opening doors to funding sources.
- Support Engage! Cleveland events and programs by attending, promoting, and sponsoring.
- Develop programmatic support: Assist Engage! Cleveland board and staff in developing its programs by providing introductions to those organizations who may be users of our programs/services and with which you have a connection or relationship.
- Disclose any potential conflict of interest with Engage! Cleveland.
- Refrain from discussing or sharing confidential board business with non-board members.
- Passionate about, and committed to Engage! Cleveland’s Mission and Values
- Interest in future board leadership
- Ability and desire to embrace the ambassador role
Please submit the following information via email to Info@EngageCleveland.org with the subject line Board Interest (earlier is preferred).
– A letter of interest in using your skills for board service, your interest in Engage! Cleveland specifically, and anything else you’d like to share about yourself with the review committee.
– A CV or resume
Engage! Cleveland staff or Board member will reach out to candidates in early to mid March, but applications/nominations will be considered until the positions are filled.
If you are not ready or right for the position, but know someone who is, please email their name and contact information to Info@EngageCleveland.org with the subject Board Nomination.
⟵ Back to Job Board