The Golf Clubhouse Manager creates and manages a comprehensive golf and clubhouse program for the assigned golf facility. The Golf Clubhouse Manager budgets, plans, implements, directs, coordinates, and evaluates the golf and clubhouse programs; manages and trains the required staff, and monitors the services and facilities to optimize the safety, cleanliness, efficiency, and cost effectiveness of the experiences provided for golf patrons.
1. Effectively supervises assigned employees, including the following:
a. Interviews, selects and trains employees;
b. Coaches employees in proper job performance techniques and procedures;
c. Directs work of employees and sets/adjusts hours of work;
d. Maintains records on employee productivity and appraises employees’ productivity and efficiency to recommend promotions or other changes in status;
e. Handles employee complaints and disciplines employees when necessary;
f. Apportions work among different employees;
g. Monitors or implements legal compliance measures;
h. Determines the type of materials, supplies, or tools to be used by employees and controls the flow and distribution of materials and supplies; and
i. Provides for the safety of employees and the property of Cleveland Metroparks.
2. Regular and predictable attendance is expected and required. All Cleveland Metroparks employees must be prepared to work flexible schedules, including evenings, weekends, and/or holidays as required.
3. Supervises the hiring, training, scheduling, and performance of seasonal and part time employees and volunteers: hires, trains, and monitors staff, including work schedules, payroll, HR reporting; resolves issues and promotes team building; provides leadership to staff by planning and prioritizing work assignments; communicates with staff to ensure a clear understanding of golf course and clubhouse needs, and relevant program events or schedule changes to ensure that the guests are aware of them.
4. Plans, develops, and manages the clubhouse budget and expenditures: develops, coordinates, and supervises the requisition of services, materials, and supplies; ensures complete compliance with Cleveland Metroparks cash collection and control procedures.
5. Manages the golf shop facilities, operation, and merchandise: purchases merchandise and manages point-of-sale promotions and inventory; monitors and controls all golf stock merchandise and operating supplies to ensure adequate levels.
6. Manages the Golf Day Camp: oversees instruction and supervises the instructors and assistants; supports daily camp activities as required, including instruction on etiquette, rules, and play and management of on-course golf experience; interacts with children ages 8 to 17.
7. Plans, coordinates, promotes, and conducts a balanced program of leagues, outings, golf tournaments, and golf instruction: coordinates with the Golf Professional / Instruction and Special Events Manager to develop programs and schedules; organizes and develops junior golf program; oversees tee time reservation procedures; enforces all safety regulations and golf course rules of play.
8. Manages or coordinates special projects per the annual work plan: gathers and analyzes data, solicits input from staff, makes recommendations and completes projects according to timetable; projects include, but are not limited to, merchandise, Golf Academy, Pace of Play, Technology (Point Of Sale), and First Tee.
9. Keeps direct supervisor promptly informed of key/significant issues or concerns.
10. Carries out duties and responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner to maintain a safe work environment and surrounding area for oneself, co-workers and public. Responds to hazardous situations and/or potentially unsafe conditions by taking corrective action as capable and promptly notifying supervisory personnel.
11. Updates and enhances own knowledge by involvement in continuing education for professional growth (i.e., attends relevant conferences, seminars, in-service trainings, and certification programs)
12. Performs related duties as assigned or apparent.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Retail Management, or a related field, supplemented by five years of experience in club management, retail store management, or hospitality management, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license under the laws of the State of Ohio; PGA or LPGA Class A member status is desirable, but not required.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders, including employees and the general public.
• Ability to speak and write clearly, concisely and persuasively using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation with ability to communicate one-on-one or in group settings.
• Ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy and organization.
• Management skills and strong business acumen, including problem solving, vision, ability to manage multiple programs and meet deadlines, collaboration, leadership, decision making and ability to analyze diverse facts and develop clear and concise reports and recommendations.
• Ability to work cooperatively with others.
• Proficiency in software programs including all Microsoft Office programs.
• Mature professional attitude and considerable discretion, including ability to manage confidential information.
• Ability to perform with considerable independence and initiative.
Wage: Salary Commensurate with education and experience
Work Schedule: Must be available to work a variable work schedule
Filing Deadline: Open until filled
To Apply: Please visit our career site at www.clevelandmetroparks.com or copy and paste the following link into your web browser:
⟵ Back to Job Board