The Jr. Financial Analyst will use financial analysis, teamwork, and interpersonal skills to understand the financial position and overall strategy of the company.
At UHM, we understand diversity comes in many different forms. It’s our commitment to improve inclusion in the workplace through programs and policies that establish a positive and inclusive environment where every Partner, regardless of their background, can grow and excel. We value diversity, educate on equity, and create inclusive partner opportunities to ensure that you know #UBelongAtUHM!
- Understand the organization’s financial processes that support planning, reporting and compliance.
- Understand all lines of business and key drivers for each.
- Create daily, weekly and monthly reports to monitor specific areas identified for key decision making.
- Perform monthly P&L reviews across all business channels to identify and provide insights on trends.
- Create monthly financial statements for branches and channels used by internal and third parties.
- Perform detailed account analysis to identify and report unusual or non-recurring activities.
- Compile datasets used for third party valuations.
- Create and maintain monthly reporting for affiliate entites.
- Perform special projects for various departments to improve reporting efficiencies.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of all source data and report outputs.
- Continuously seek out learning opportunities related to the industry, business and technology tools to enhance reporting and analysis skills and share insights with other partners.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 1+ Years of a Financial Analysis Internship or work related experience
- Project managagement
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel
- Working knowledge of Power BI and Alteryx
- Forecasting & Analysis
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A working knowledge of GAAP
- Detail-oriented, self organized and motivated
Union Home Mortgage Corp. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.