This position is responsible with the day-to-day responsibilities of the accounting department, including reconciliation of accounts, monthly and annual closes, supporting audits, compiling and organizing data for reporting and forecasting needs, as well as contributing to special projects within the company.
At UHM, we understand diversity comes in many different forms. It’s our commitment to improve inclusion in the workplace through programs and policies that establish a positive and inclusive environment where every Partner, regardless of their background, can grow and excel. We value diversity, educate on equity, and create inclusive partner opportunities to ensure that you know #UBelongAtUHM!
- Perform assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual general ledger closing and reporting processes
- Assist with preparation of monthly analysis, including income, expenses and balance sheet changes, including:
- Journal entries and account reconciliations
- Assist with the development of reports for management
- Assists in the accounts payable process, including payments, accruals, reporting, and reconciliations
- Partner and keep clear lines of communication with other departments
- Assist with commissions calculations, tracking and related reporting
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 1-2 years’ experience in Accounting or internship experience
- Strong skills in Excel
- Excellent analytical ability and perseverance to solve problems with high attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with an established timeline
Union Home Mortgage Corp. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.