The Marketing Associate Intern will help develop, execute, and monitor marketing programs across a variety of channels. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, creating engaging content for social media presence, including keeping social media channels updated and brand-focused, staying up to date on the latest social media platforms and trends, share social media data with management, and build a social community that elevates the One Health Organization mission and vision
- Monitor, listen, respond to online social media comments, messages and requests to cultivate meaningful social media interactions with a focus on Northeast Ohio.
- Bring the social audience perspective into a brainstorming session for campaign/content ideation.
- Demonstrate capability to shift prioritization and demands.
- Assist in scheduling and posting content in partnership with the organization’s marketing firm. Developing and identifying local social media influencers to build partnerships and engage with them.
- Optimize Instagram, Facebook,Tik-Tok and any other media accounts based on provided content and new channel features.
- Build on current processes and develop organizational elements for maximum efficiency.
- Keep up with best practices, technologies, and trends in the social media tools, applications, channels and strategy to determine which are relevant for One Health Organization.
- Assist President & CEO, Development Director and other marketing team members in duties such as e-newsletters, events, paid social, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing team.
- Attend outreach events (may fall outside of normal work hours/Weekends).
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Currently earning a college/university degree in Marketing or
- Advertising or related field
- Experience in 1+ internships or jobs in social media and/or customer service
- Experience with Hubspot or similar program, such as WordPress, HootSuite, etc.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of: Social channels and social listening tools, Canva or similar program, Microsoft office products (i.e. Word,
- Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Google products (Gmail, Doc, Sheets, Slides), or other standard office software programs
- Knowledge of social media video production and editing (Instagram Reels, Stories, Tik-Tok etc.)
- Experience working with a nonprofit organization not required but a plus
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solver
- Communication Proficiency
- Sense of Urgency
- Detailed oriented, professional attitude, and reliable
- Ability to interact with employees of all levels in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role uses equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work: Days and hours of work are averaging around 16-24 Hours a week. Working two to three days a week. Ex: Monday: 8:00 am-4:00 pm & Wednesday: 8:00 am-4:00 pm. Weekends or evenings are a possibility depending on the event schedule.
⟵ Back to Job Board