Headquartered in Richfield, Ohio, Vanliner Insurance Company is a member of Great American Insurance Group. For over 30 years, Vanliner has grown to become the country’s top insurance provider for the moving and storage, parcel and home delivery industries. Our mission since day one, has been to provide first-class insurance products and unparalleled customer service to all of our customers. Our success is driven by the expertise, innovation and commitment to customer service that our employees provide. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Develops skill and knowledge in initiating contact with current and prospective new business partners.
- Learns to market the company’s products/services through interaction (correspondence, phone, in person, digital media, etc.) with agencies, brokers, or clients.
- Tracks statistics on prospect lists, hit ratios, business retention, and new business production.
- Learns to develop and employ innovative, creative, and resourceful methods for achieving new business development.
- Learns to work collaboratively with management to develop, monitor, and adapt a business/marketing plan for area of responsibility and to support division goals.
- Develops knowledge in skill in the developing agency business goals.
- Learns to support underwriting in fact gathering, underwriting, and pricing of renewals.
- Learns to prepare reports to analyze and develop existing business profile/mix and the quality and quantity of new business.
- Develops knowledge and skill in building strategic relationships with business partners (clients, agents, brokers, producers) to achieve targeted profit goals of the division.
- Regularly corresponds and visits with clients, agencies and brokers. Monitors the delivery of excellent customer service and follows-up on any customer concerns that need to be addressed.
- May learn to assist with coordinating/transferring books of business and ongoing contract management.
- Learns to identify issues/potential issues and triages to appropriate staff to resolve.
- Develops knowledge and skill in providing continuing education and support to assigned agents regarding company products, programs, eligibility guidelines, risk, and pricing philosophy.
- May participate in preparing/distributing promotional correspondence (newsletters, pamphlets, et.) and/or marketing collateral to existing and potential agents and/or customers.
- Learns to plan and host both internal and external events to achieve area/regional marketing initiatives.
- Learns to maintain familiarity with competitors and market conditions. May learn to gather, analyze, and maintain competitive information. May assist with maintaining a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database to improve services or target marketing efforts.
- Develops knowledge and skill in collaborating with Underwriting, Product Development, Product Management, and Corporate Communications to develop marketing initiatives, new products, and the supporting marketing materials. May participate with other business units on cross-marketing efforts.
- May attend industry and association events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Liberal Arts, Business or a related discipline.
Experience: Part of a formal training program. Generally, 0 to 6 months of experience.
May require Insurance producer license.
VNLR Vanliner Insurance Company
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement and paid time off benefits.