National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Develops knowledge and skill in auditing technical reviews from physical audits. Learns to examine/audit records to ensure that calculations of earned premium for risks are accurate.
- Learns to validate that correct classes are being applied and in accordance with company procedures by reviewing financial records and other relevant materials.
- Prepares voluntary audits to go out to insureds and monitors the return and completeness of incoming voluntary audits. Develops knowledge and skill in interacting with customers to answer questions and encourage the return of completed audits.
- Develops knowledge and skill in reviewing the results of audits with producers, underwriters, insureds, and Premium Audit leadership.
- Learns to identify opportunities to resolve discrepancies.
- Develops knowledge and skill for serving as initial audit dispute review. Learns to resolve disputed items.
- Develops knowledge and skill in handling and clearing bureau inquiries.
- Assigns physical audits to vendors and learns to monitor the quality and timeliness of the vendor’s work.
- Communicates with vendors regarding delinquent audits.
- Develops knowledge and skill in preparing management reports and other analysis to ensure the quality and timeliness of audits being received.
- Reconciles invoices from vendors.
- May learn to perform telephone audits.
- Develops knowledge and skill in providing effective Customer Service throughout the life cycle of Premium Audit functions.
- Develops a working knowledge of rules and regulations applicable to jurisdictions and how to ensure correct and consistent application.
- Successfully completes all coursework/education as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Accounting, Finance, Business or a related discipline.
Experience: Part of a formal training program. Generally, 0 to 6 months of experience. Experience with POINT preferred.
NIC National Interstate Corporation
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement, and paid time off benefits for full-time and part-time benefit eligible employees.