JOIN US IN MAKING THE MOST OF EVERY DAY!
Hospice of The Western Reserve operates in celebration of the individual worth of each life, we strive to relieve suffering, enhance comfort, promote quality of life, foster choice in end-of-life care and support effective grieving.
We believe that our success starts with our greatest asset: OUR EMPLOYEES!
We live our shared core values in everything we do:
COMPASSION. EXCELLENCE. EQUALITY. INTEGRITY. SERVICE. STEWARDSHIP.
We have a passion for purpose driven work! Do you?
JOIN OUR FAMILY!
Provide prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to terminally ill persons in collaboration with the transdisciplinary team in a variety of settings. Coordinate the implementation of the Plan of Care for each patient utilizing the Nursing Process.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Responsible to practice in accordance with HWR clinical standards of practice, policies and procedures
- Assess physical, psychosocial, and spiritual needs of the patient and family/caregivers.
- Provide intermittent skilled nursing services to the patient under the patient’s physician’s direction.
- Monitor and evaluate pain and symptoms and provide information and assistance to the patient and family to manage those problems.
- Serve as a liaison to the patient’s physician(s) when needed; provide information to the physician based on knowledge relating to the patient’s needs.
- Provide emotional support to the patient and family/caregiver.
- Refer patients and/or family members to other services when appropriate and follow-up as necessary.
- Provide instruction (health teaching) to the patient and family.
- Maintain and promptly complete all necessary plans and reports related to hospice care.
- Participate in care conferences and bereavement follow-up.
- Participate in case review, quality improvement activities and other meetings as assigned.
- Plan and clinically supervise activities of HNA as related to patient care.
- Participate in the on-call rotation as scheduled.
- Participate in discharge planning in collaboration with other team members.
- Communicate by phone or in writing to case managers as determined case by case.
- Assist team with coordination of the Plan of Care which includes all disciplines including volunteer staff.
- Identifies opportunities for volunteers to serve patients and families and participate in the coordination of and communication with volunteer staff.
- Demonstrate positive customer-service responsiveness according to agency standards.
- Flexible in meeting patient/family needs that require variable hours.
- Maintain Standard and Transmission Based Precautions.
- Participate in coordination of and communication with volunteer staff.
- Complete annual core competency requirements.
- Participate in public relations, community outreach and promotion of Hospice of the Western Reserve.
- Assist with orientation of new employees.
- Assist with in-service programs as requested.
- Serve on committees as appropriate or assigned.
- Assist with education/precepting of students
- Licensed RN in State of Ohio
- Experience preferred in hospice care, home health, oncology and/or
- pain and symptom management.
- Current CPR certification
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, good driving record and auto accident insurance at a level acceptable to HWR and/or HWR’s insurer (Not a requirement for Hospice House staff
- Hospice and Palliative Care Certification desired. Certification will be required within first 2 years of hire.
- Total Rewards Package to include Retirement, Health, Dental, Vision, voluntary benefits and Corporate Discounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Non-exempt role
- Technology Package
- Protocols in place for wellbeing during COVID-19
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Compliance to Annual Flu Shot Policy or ability to provide exemption documentation
- Provide an active auto insurance policy as a licensed driver in the State of Ohio with the proper level of coverage as directed
- Provide an active driver’s license
- Ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- High level of integrity, ethics and professionalism.
NOTE: The responsibilities of this position are described above, and they may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other reasons. Also, this description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Applicants who may need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact:
Careers at Hospice of the Western Reserve
17876 St. Clair Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44114
216.383.2222 or email@example.com
Hospice of the Western Reserve is an Equal Opportunity Employer – we recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.