National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for analyzing and translating business, information, and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Develops enterprise level solutions that integrate across applications, systems, and platforms that align with the overall Enterprise Architecture direction and technology strategy.
- Provides expertise and standards to produce an optimal, high level, conceptual design for projects and applications.
- Responsible for the technology roadmap and direction for the application(s).
- Facilitates the establishment and implementation of application and solutions architecture standards, policies, and procedures for the organization. Ensures adherence to company architectural guidelines, principles, and standards in all project milestones and deliverables.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves problems relating to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Assists project teams in requirements gathering and reviews. Gathers Non-functional requirements that meet performance, scalability, reliability, and security needs.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends new technologies and techniques and solutions to solve business problems.
- Works with various customers and prospects, understands and translates business use cases and/or requirements into solutions across multiple platforms.
- Exhibits specialized business knowledge and leverages strong customer relationships. Partners with Product Owners to elicit business needs and outcomes.
- Collaborates with the portfolio/program and domain architects to make design/architectural decisions for the application.
- Leads the work of others (trains, mentors, delegates, prioritizes, and reviews assignments).
- Provides technical guidance to project team areas as appropriate.
- May have responsibility for performance and coaching of staff and may have a participatory role in decisions regarding talent selection, development, and performance management for direct reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Certifications: Guidewire ACE certification for ClaimCenter Cloud
- 1 year experience migrating, managing, implementing, and/or maintaining Guidewire ClaimCenter Cloud.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline.
Experience: Generally, 10 to 12 years of related experience.
NIC National Interstate Corporation