Marcum LLP offers a great career with exceptional benefits.
There’s a lot to think about when it comes to launching your career. At Marcum, we offer you a world of opportunity, a highly competitive salary, exceptional benefits, flexible work options, and industry-leading technology, all within an environment that values your contributions and supports your professional growth.
At Marcum, eligible associates receive a benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and transit benefits, as well as paid time off, a 401(k) plan with an employer contribution, and a profit sharing plan.
Interns who work for Marcum LLP gain valuable experience by applying knowledge acquired in the classroom to real-world applications. With comprehensive training and supervision, our interns gain a hybrid experience on a variety of audit AND tax engagements. This exciting experience will provide our interns with essential professional skills that will lead to a successful career in accounting!
Here’s what you can expect to do:
- Prepare and perform analytical reviews of workpapers for audits, reviews, compilations and agreed upon procedures
- Prepare various tax returns, forms and related workpapers
- Develop a working knowledge of firm technology, procedures and policies
- Develop relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Engage in firm civic, community and volunteer activities
Our firm offers full-time, paid internships during the spring (January – April) and summer (May – August) terms.
This specific position will be starting in the Summer of 2024. The internship will require a commitment of at least 24-32 hours per week, Monday – Thursday. Fridays may also be required.
- Current student enrolled in a university/college program leading to an undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting
- Strong academic credentials
- Working toward minimum requirements to sit for the CPA exam
- Diverse computer skills with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Willingness to travel for local and out-of-town engagements
Knowledge, Skills and abilities:
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, high level of enthusiasm, integrity and professionalism
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Ability to work on multiple assignments, prioritize tasks and finalize projects
- Ability to follow instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.⟵ Back to Job Board